To Be Considered for Enrollment at Virginia Chance School After touring, your first step in the admissions process is to submit an Application for Admissions and $100 application fee per child along with additional papers referenced on the Application & Registration insert. Forms provided by the school are in your tour packet.
When Enrollment Decisions are Announced at Virginia Chance School Upon receiving a response to your child’s application, please secure your child’s enrollment by paying a non-refundable $800 registration fee (or a refundable $150 registration fee for financial aid applicants). The $800 registration fee is deducted from the tuition amounts shown below.
|Class Options||2017-18 Tuition||12 Monthly Payments||Tuition Refund Plan Fee*|
|Half-Day Preschool to 11:30am|
|Two Day- Two||$3,875||$270||$104.63|
|Five Day- Two||$6,705||$517||$181.04|
|Three Day- Three||$4,990||$367||$134.73|
|Five Day- Three||$6,705||$517||$181.04|
|Five Day- Pre-K||$6,705||$517||$181.04|
|Preschool Plus to 1:00pm|
|Two Day- Two||$4,870||$357||$131.49|
|Five Day- Two||$9,135||$730||$246.65|
|Three Day- Three||$6,475||$497||$174.83|
|Five Day- Three||$9,135||$730||$246.65|
|Five Day Pre-K||$9,135||$730||$246.65|
|Full Day Preschool until 3:00pm|
|Five Day- Three||$11,660||$951||$314.82|
|Five Day Four||$11,660||$961||$314.82|
|Second & Third Grade||$16,390||$1365||$442.53|
|Fourth & Fifth Grade||$16,390||$1365||$442.53|
Your tuition includes:
- registration fee
- field trip costs (Threes through Intermediate)
- field trip lunches where applicable
- school pictures
- all student items on the preschool supply list, except for a change of clothes and diapers/wipes as needed
- all student items on the Elementary supply list, except for personal folders, binder(s), water bottle, jump drive, pencils and backpack
- Teacher Appreciation donation
- classroom Auction item
- Parents’ Council fee
- musical instrument rental where applicable
- organic milk for snack and lunch
- all classroom supplies
Your tuition does not include:
- Adult background checks of $40 per family (up to two adults) to be invoiced in June; $20 per additional adult/volunteer
- Extended Programs: Chance Chums, Enrichments, afterschool clubs and sports
- Fundraising Initiatives – Challenge for Chance and Auction
- Snack for your child’s classmates (on a rotating basis)
- Lunch for your child (sent from home)
- End-of-year field trips/celebrations
Tuition Payment Plans
Plan 1 – Full Payment
Annual tuition balance (less the registration fee) paid in full by June 1. Tuition Refund Plan is optional.
Plan 2 – Two Payments
60% of the annual tuition paid by June 1.
40% (less the registration fee) paid by December 1.
Tuition Refund Plan is required.
Plan 3 – Twelve Payments
Twelve monthly payments including a monthly service fee, with the first payment due June 1. Tuition Refund Plan is required.
Tuition Refund Plan
Virginia Chance School offers the Tuition Refund Plan(Tuition Insurance) as a means to ensure your annual financial obligations. Parents paying tuition in full have the option of participating in the Tuition Refund Plan; families who do not pay the total annual charges by June 1 must take part in the Tuition Refund Plan. Fees are a 2.7% percentage of the tuition amount for which families are responsible at time of enrollment. The Tuition Refund Plan is not a full refund of total cost but a percentage of the monthly payment. The signed enrollment contract is binding as of June 1, at which time parents are liable for the school year’s entire tuition.