Virginia Chance School offers partial tuition assistance to children registered in our five-day preschool program and elementary, and priority is given at the elementary level to achieve full enrollment. We want to make sure that a Virginia Chance School education is accessible to students from all backgrounds, regardless of their financial resources. Having children attend from all socioeconomic backgrounds helps to support an environment where children learn best, in the company of others who challenge their assumptions and offer different perspectives.
A Virginia Chance School education is valuable, and we desire to help provide that education to children who are accepted into Virginia Chance School and can demonstrate the need for financial assistance. Any Chance family who is unable to attend because of financial reasons is encouraged to apply. Some families may even qualify for additional outside financial aid through School Choice. The Virginia Chance School tuition assistance process is as follows:
- A one-time $100 non-refundable application fee is required to start the enrollment process payable to VCS.
- After your child is accepted into the program, a $150 refundable yearly registration fee is required to reserve your child’s spot in the school according to Virginia Chance School’s admissions steps and dates payable to VCS.
- Beginning in January or at time of need, the next step for an applicant’s family is to complete a financial aid application online with FAST – Financial Aid for School Tuition – and provide supporting documents to FAST by March 11 for first-round decisions for the following year, or can be done at time of need if enrolling after the start of school. To complete your online aid application and for assistance, click on the link FAST Online. You may also contact the Director of Finance & Operations, Karen Linton, at 502.425.6904 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- FAST requires payment of a non-refundable application fee $43 and will process only one application per family, payable to FAST Online at the end of the online application. Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing each application. Complete financial aid application packets will be processed; incomplete ones will NOT. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
- COPIES of the following 2016 documentation are needed to complete your FAST application. Please send all items requested so that your application is processed promptly. Supporting information accepted by mail ONLY.
- W-2s – AND your last pay stub of the year
- W-2G – needed for gambling winnings
- 1099s for IRA, Pensions/Annuities (if you have entered figures on lines 15 and 16 of the Federal 1040), Unemployment Compensation, Cancellation of Debt
- Federal Tax Return – 1040 – 1040A – 1040 EZ (please send complete copy of only the current year taxes, unless otherwise requested by your school)
- Additional applicable schedules: Schedule C or C-EZ (Business Income); Schedule D (Capital Gains); Schedule E (Supplemental Income)
- State Tax Return if your State requires you to file a Return
- All Business Tax returns, such as K1s and 1120 for S Corp (if your business is incorporated)
- If you own the home you live in, please send proof of Property Taxes paid
- Documentation of Alimony and/or Child Support.
- Upon receipt of FAST’s financial analysis and recommendation, Chance’s Tuition Assistance Committee will review the findings and recommendations, make decisions, and notify families of financial aid decisions on a rolling basis.
- Tuition Assistance applicants providing required paperwork after this deadline will be considered if funds are still available.
- All information submitted for the purpose of making tuition assistance decisions is strictly confidential.
- Tuition assistance decisions are awarded on a year-by-year basis. All recipients must reapply for each school year to be considered for tuition assistance.
- Total upfront cost for the tuition assistance enrollment process is $293 calculated from above for the first year and $193 for the following years.
- You may contact FAST directly for help or contact Virginia Chance School’s Director of Finance and Operations, Karen Linton, in the school office at 425-6904 or email@example.com.
Tuition Assistance Application- FAST Online
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington DE 19806-2594